Yes, I’m happy to ship the knife to another country. You can find more details on these pages: the order form and shipping information.
Stabilizing is a enhancement method for wood. The knife handle-wood blocks are sent from Sweden to the United States. There they use a vacuum pump to remove all the moisture from the wood. Then they add acrylic resin into the wood, and sometimes a colour too. The advantage is getting a rigid knife handle that withstands cold, heat, blood and so on. Furthermore, it allows the knife maker to create a beautiful polish level on the handle.
Some of the advantages of using stabilized wood are:
- it minimizes wood shrinkage and expansion
- increased resistance to cracking and warping
- stabilized wood will not absorb blood or water
- it is impervious to oils
- there is no raised grain when sanded
- sands and finishes easily
- it will take a very high polish
Source for the list: woodstabilizer.com